Sunday, August 3, 2008

Body Modification and Religion.

God. This stuff really pisses me off. Okay dad got home and I decided to go talk to him and help him carry some stuff. well we were getting along and I decided to tell him bout my cousin getting featured on modblog. Well he was like "you need to stop thinking about this nonsense" and I was like This is NOT nonsense. Then he goes "According to the bible it is"... I was like I dont care. and he like well you go to church you better care. So then I basically was like whatever goodbye. I mean I cant ever just talk to him. He dont care what the topic is, he will find some way to relate it to religion.

Why is it when I find something that makes me happy, He has to call it childish, nonsense, a sin, immature. I cant wait to be able to move out and Do what makes me happy.


Okay so the main purpose of this blog is to See what Religion says about Body Modifications and such.


I have come across a article on AmericanBible.org called "I bear on My body the Marks"
In it, it says " No one text explicitly condemns or condones body modification in general. Like a piercing or a tattoo itself, the Bible can be interpreted in different ways, depending on which text is privileged and in which context it is read."

Yet christians, under the wrong context, Say well your body is a temple. I dont think God Minds his temple being decorated. Another thing is that there are positive verses in the bible for modifications of the body.
example.
Exodus 13:9
This annual festival will be a visible sign to you, like a mark branded on your hand or forehead, let it remind you always to recite the teachings of your Lord: 'With a Strong hand, The Lord rescued you from Egypt.

I mean It just confuses me The bible says its wrong.... But then It says its right.
Everything in the bible is based on Context. Just like any other Taboo (gender, age, orientation, race) It depends on the context in which that christian reads it.

Just look at Westboro Baptist Chruch, and the context they took it in. They are Crazy Iggnorant Racist Bigots.

all in all I do not care what people tell me I plan to modify my body and make it better then it was. To make me feel human........

It isnt like it will affect you so why do you care to judge......


here is the Article:
http://www.americanbible.org/brcpages/bearthemarks

No comments: